Friday 11 April 2014

Evaluation Question 3

I have learned from audience feedback that I should have used images from my music video for my ancillary texts.
I learned that the un-synced parts were very noticeable  YouTube made this more noticeable during the upload sequence. They say on the upload screen that this is a possible effect.
Evan pointed out a camera jolt during the train station part which I need to adjust to make it more fluid.
The narrative of the video was split up too much with filler shots which can be a bit confusing to the audience. This is something that I was concerned about as I thought that I had used too many shots that weren't essential to the narrative.
Fabian said that he would make the video shorter. Because it is a music video I cant do this because it would cut off the end of the song, however i think that he might have thought that it was too long because i used shots that were longer than 2 seconds long at times.
I have used conventions of alternative rock music well to create my products. Fabian mentioned that he has seen videos and album covers similar to the ones that i have created which shows that my products compare well to existing products.
By using black and white in my video I have added an artistic depth to the video which is what i was trying to do.
The contrast between optimism and pessimism that I was trying to portray was clear through my products.
The narrative fits well with the video.
The parts when Tom is speaking but not singing in the video, confused some people however it is a feature used in a lot of alternative rock music videos.
I used good camera shots and movements to achieve the mood of the video that I was attempting to get. An example of this is from behind the fence at the train station to represent the artist as being trapped.
The writing on the promotional poster wasn't very clear so I would have to use a darker colour to make it stand out more and make it more bold.
Dom said that he noticed how i have shown the narrative from different peoples perspective, which is something that i tried to achieve by using the shots of the homeless man on his own without the artist in the shot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment